Installation Questions

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jan 6 16:23:27 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 04:53:58 +0100, Predrag Punosevac
> <punosevac72 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1. I see that it is possible to set up PXE server from the installer. Is
>> there a way to have fully unattended installation of DF? I am thinking
>> in my head of a scenario in which one has to install multiple identical
>> data storage machine which will have just different LAN IPs and
>> hostnames.
>

> Check out rconfig(8). It seems to be made for such kinds of tasks, but I
> haven't used it yet. There are scripts for various scenarios (normal
> install, LVM striped, encrypted, etc.) for it in /usr/share/example/rconfig.
> Hope that helps.

I recently used the hammer.sh script in there to set up a new system
with MFI disks; the installer was confused by the 1.8T disk and fdisk
choked on strange cylinder counts.  The script had one bug I think
caused by my disk being at mfi0 instead of ad0 or da0, I think I have
to check my notes.  Otherwise, it worked very well.