SATA chips supported

Jasse Jansson jasse at yberwaffe.com
Mon Jan 19 09:18:34 PST 2015

On 2015-01-19 10:14, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 11:34 PM, Jasse Jansson <jasse at yberwaffe.com> wrote:
>> I just wonder if the SATA chips are supported in DFly
>>
>> Marvell 88se9120
>>
>> Asmedia 1061
> I am pretty sure that asmedia chips are supported by ahci(4).  9120
> also attached to ahci(4), last time I tested.

Great.
I hop the support drives bigger that 2Tb, planning 3 or 4 Tb drives.

Can't remember when I last used dfly, might be five years ago.

Just got a new low power motherboard to build a backup machine for my
cheap NAS thingmabob ;-)
Had plans to test btrfs on Linux for mirroring my backups, but it's good
to know there's a serious alternative as a backup plan for my backup plan.

To recurse is human, to backup, divine ;-)