da8: reading primary partition table: error accessing offset when installing from USB to SSD on Thinkpad X220

Ward H wardh6973 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 15:03:09 PST 2015

Just thought I might drop a line and mention that using a USB DVDRW drive
to install worked! The version I've got is 3.6.1.6.g1507ff-release,
unfortunately i386. Guess I'll need to update.... is there some special
step or two to change to the amd64 version? Otherwise, I'll just post here
again if I get stuck. Thanks all for the help, and I'm looking forward to
many good years with this OS!