da8: reading primary partition table: error accessing offset when installing from USB to SSD on Thinkpad X220

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Jan 14 13:38:30 PST 2015

Yes, use Legacy mode.  We don't support UEFI.  It won't hurt anything.
MBR will also be easier.

You don't have to do anything special for the SSD.  Installing with
Hammer is one of the options in the installer.

As long as the disk is big (>50G), Hammer will be fine.  Since Hammer
preserves history, you can eat up disk space just based on frequent
activity.  You can tune for that, though.

Hammer all pulls from the same volume, so you don't have to worry
about the individual size of /var, /usr, etc.