NFS export of HAMMER slave PFS

Vasily Postnicov shamaz.mazum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:53:48 PST 2015

Hello.

I have a slave HAMMER PFS which is mounted at /nbackup. I want to export it
via NFS over my local network (it has 3 machines with ip addresses
192.168.10.1-192.168.10.3), so I added this line to /etc/exports

/nbackup -ro -network 192.168.10/24

then I invoked:

service mountd restart

and got these lines in /var/log/messages:

Jan 14 18:37:24 ressurected mountd[2279]: can't export /nbackup
Jan 14 18:37:24 ressurected mountd[2279]: bad exports list line /nbackup
-ro -network 192.168.10/24

I checked it again with a newly created hammer filesystem (using vnode disk
and 20GB zero-filled file) and a slave PFS, containing mirror of /tmp. It
gave me the same result. Then I upgraded the PFS to master and mountd
accepted it with no errors.

So my question is: can I export a slave PFS or I have to upgrade it to
master first? I mean only read access, of course. My DragonFly version:
v4.1.0.321.gea9a1f-DEVELOPMENT

With best regards, Vasily Postnicov