Filesystem enryption

Konrad Neuwirth konrad at fimsch.net
Fri Jan 30 06:39:39 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

I've read about cryptsetup and device mapper, but this is is not quite what I have in mind :-).

I am curious whether there is a way to have a HAMMER filesystem encrypted so that I can mirror it to another location, where only the encrypted data is stored. But here, locally, of course, I would be interested in using the filesystem normally. The benefit would be that I can copy back from the encrypted storage and have my filesystem back, yet do not need to trust the backup location.

Is there any way to achieve that?

Thank you,
 Konrad