Intel Sandybridge graphics support?

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Feb 20 06:52:56 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
<baurthefirst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Than wasn't the case too, I do use startxfce4 but no success.
> I notice that when I do X -configure, it creates xorg.conf.new
> with 2 Screens and 2 graphic cards, where first one uses intel
> and second one uses vesa driver. I don't have external
> monitor to check DisplayPort output on my laptop.

Edit out the vesa material and use that config - my hunch is that xorg
is handily autoconfiguring itself wrong.

You should also have a /var/log/X.log.0 or similar (I forget the exact
filename) that will list what X did, and any errors it had before
dying - they will be marked with an "EE", and probably be near the end
of the file.