HEADS UP - pkg may delete itself (solution)

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sun Feb 22 10:57:48 PST 2015

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:34:06 Robin Hahling wrote:
> Recent versions of pkg(8) (older than 1.4.12) contain a bug that could cause
> a suppression of pkg itself during an upgrade or a package installation.
>
> If this happened, you end up without pkg(8) on your system. Here is a simple
> solution to fix that:
>
> # cd /usr && make pkg-bootstrap

I rebuilt kernel and world, then did pkg upgrade. I did not have to reinstall
pkg after pkg upgraded itself, though I did before. After upgrading, I was
able to compile bezitopo and run bezitest; before, cmake reported that the
compiler did not work.

Pierre

--
sei do'anai mi'a djuno puze'e noroi nalselganse srera