Intel Sandybridge graphics support?

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Feb 20 07:42:03 PST 2015

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:41:03 +0100, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
<baurthefirst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Than wasn't the case too, I do use startxfce4 but no success.
> I notice that when I do X -configure, it creates xorg.conf.new
> with 2 Screens and 2 graphic cards, where first one uses intel
> and second one uses vesa driver. I don't have external
> monitor to check DisplayPort output on my laptop.

Can you repeat it while ssh'd into the box? Does the connection continue
working after startxfce4?

If not: It might just have paniced. Try typing 'call dumpsys' in the dark
and see if the disk led goes active (writing the crash dump to disk). When
it is finished, type 'reset' and upon rebooting it would save the dump to
/var/crash. If that is the case, we'd be interested in the newest
core.txt.X file.

Sascha