Unable to install dragonfly on GPT drive

Jacob Adams tookmund at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 09:10:46 PST 2015

I've been trying to dual-boot dragonfly, windows and debian. However,
dragonfly's installer does not appear to see the partition I set up for it.
Below is my partition table for the disk I want to install dragonfly on
as reported by parted in debian:

Model: ATA ST1000DM003-1CH1 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 1000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End    Size    File system  Name
  Flags
 1      17.4kB  134MB  134MB                Microsoft reserved partition
 msftres
 2      135MB   269GB  268GB   ntfs         Basic data partition
  msftdata
 4      269GB   385GB  116GB   ext4         j-deb
  msftdata
 3      385GB   385GB  99.6MB  fat32        efi
  boot, esp
 5      385GB   505GB  120GB   ext4
 6      505GB   612GB  107GB

I set up sdb6 for this and ran the dragonfly 4.4.1 installer.
All dragonfly reported when I tried to install on this disk (da1 in
dragonfly) was

< 0M - 953869M: EFI DPT >

No other partitions were available.

It detected all the partitons on my windows drive (msdos partition
table; sda/da0) just fine.

A cursory google shows that dragonfly supports GPT. So did I do
something wrong here or can I not install to a GPT-formatted drive?

--
Jacob Adams
GPG Key: AF6B 1C26 E2D0 A988 432B  94F4 24C0 2B85 B59F E5A9