Installer changes on master (does not effect release)

Tomohiro Kusumi kusumi.tomohiro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 05:53:43 PST 2015

I think what makes PFS difficult to understand is the way nresolve finds
PFS by checking two consecutive '@' within the name (followed by
master/slave:PFS#), and then look for the root inode of that localization.

This gets a bit nasty when there are more than 1 hammer mounted, and each
hammer has a PFS with the same PFS#.
For example, the same "@@-1:00001" string indicates different PFSes
depending on which hammer you are at, but anywhere in that hammer.

You could pfs-destroy "@@-1:00001" even if you don't see "@@-1:00001" in
the current directory, because all it cares about is two consecutive '@'
somewhere in the hammer you're currently at.
This is weird from the way filesystems usually behave.