java jdk8 ipv6 problem

javan malachi javan.malachi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:07:36 PDT 2015

Eclipse won't update with openjdk8 (network io error), it works with
openjdk7
Francois fixed this a while back with 7.  Needing a fix for 8 in dports.

Thanks,
Javan

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 08:30:32PM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> Given this situation, I think the best course of action is to remove
> IPv6 support from the openjdk packages.
>
> This will at least make Java application usable again with most
> production networks.

I have removed IPv6 support from java/openjdk7 in DeltaPorts.

The change will take some time to trickle down to dports.
If you need a fix right now,

* create a Makefile.DragonFly file in the java/openjdk7 dports directory

* containing this single line:
  MAKE_ENV+=      DONT_ENABLE_IPV6="YES"

And rebuild the port (run make package to get a binary package in
/usr/packages)

It should take less than 20 minutes with a recent 4-core Intel CPU.