contributing to dports

Marco Righele marco at righele.it
Sat Aug 1 06:09:04 PDT 2015

Greetings,

I have a couple of patches that I would like to contribute to dports.
It seems that the suggested way it so fork DeltaPorts [1] and make a
pull request.
A couple of things are unclear to me though

* If my patch touches a file already modified by a FreeBSD patch in
files/, is it ok to use the same
   name ? (I'm thinking in the case the new patch could be used
upstream).
* Is there a quick way to apply the modification to a single port from
DeltaPorts to dports ?
   Following all the steps in scripts/generator/README seems overkill if
one just need to
   submit a few patches (and I would like to be able to test the result
before submitting the pull request)

Regards,
Marco

[1] https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DeltaPorts