Disruption of master from dports/packages coming in a few days

Robin Hahling robin.hahling at gw-computing.net
Wed Apr 15 02:01:53 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 15 April 2015 10.30:09 John Marino wrote:
[SNIP]
> Concurrently, the dports source tree will be updated with changes that
> cause gcc50 to start building all the ports.  Anybody that is building
> from source will need to remove all packages and rebuild them with the
> latest source tree.  If that doesn't sound appealing then just update
> the ports tree right now and don't update it anymore.  It will continue
> to use gcc47 to build in that case (I think).

Why remove all packages prior to rebuilding them? I guess one can simply use a
tool like portmaster and do

	portmaster -af

[SNIP]
> P.S. As a bonus, pkg 1.50 is coming with the new dports tree.  It's
> supposed to be a nice improvement over 1.4.12 from what I hear.

Some bug fixes were not backported to the 1.4 branch (I personally hit at
least 1) so this is indeed welcome. Also, I think that pkg 1.5 is the first
version that has all the tests passing on DragonFly.