HAMMER goes to nirvana

Antonio Huete Jiménez tuxillo at quantumachine.net
Sat Sep 27 02:34:54 PDT 2014

Quoting Andrey Oktyabrskiy <ano at bestmx.net>:

> On 21.09.2014 19:23, Andrey Oktyabrskiy wrote:
>> On 21.09.2014 18:46, Justin Sherrill wrote:
>>>
>>> The 'man 5 hammer' page mentions it's possible to turn off redo by
>>> setting vfs.hammer.skip_redo to 1 (mount despite errors) or 2 (don't
>>> even try redo).
>> Thank you, I'll try it when will make backup...
> There is no vfs.hammer.skip_redo sysctl.
It's not a sysctl but a tunable. I.e. something to put on /boot/loader.conf
 From hammer(5) manpage:

      In the unlikely case HAMMER mount fails due redo recovery (stage 2
      recovery) being corrupted, a workaround to skip this stage can be applied
      by setting the following tunable:

            vfs.hammer.skip_redo=<value>

      Possible values are:

      0       Run redo recovery normally and fail to mount in the case of error
              (default).

      1       Run redo recovery but continue mounting if an error appears.

      2       Completely bypass redo recovery.

      Related commands: mount_hammer(8)