Number of mounting points

Konrad Neuwirth konrad at fimsch.net
Mon Oct 20 07:06:18 PDT 2014

Yet another question. We're currently reorganising our web hosting system. We've found a setup that solves most of our needs quite elegantly, but requires a good bit of null-mounting. (We basically mount the web space directory for every user into a specific directory tree at another location, so that we have seperation of content and log files the users need to get to, while retaining the abilty to chroot stuff to just there.) This brings about the question of how many mounting points the system can deal with well. We'll be going into a few hundred mounting points – is this feasible?

Thank you,
 Konrad