Acer 720p deal

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 03:42:55 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Alex Hornung <alex at alexhornung.com> wrote:

> On 26/11/14 21:55, Carsten Mattner wrote:

>>> Not bad...aside from the 1366x768 resolution...that'd make it a no for me.
>> And with i386 dropped in 4.0 how useful are 2 gigs of ram?
>>
> About as useful as before it was dropped.

Right :). My point is that without i386 in 4.0 you'll have to use older versions
of Dragonfly or have less memory available in x86_64 mode. I'm not
complaining i386 was dropped. Quite the opposite as dropping i386 might
be an elegant way to solve the time_t limitation other systems incorporate
non trivial solutions for because they keep i386 around.