Installation of DragonFly 4.0.0 RC

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:25:00 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:09:05 +0100, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <
> m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  1. USB network cards are NOT recognized during install boot and
>> configuration ( and after
>>    reboot in 3.8.2  by ifconfig )
>>

> Ok I've ported FreeBSD's mos(4) driver and pushed it to master. Please
> test with your adapter.
>
> You will need the following 3 commits:
>
> 559d4eae5dfff0d54adcd6f44b6c13d24d8e9c38 "usb4bsd/if_mos: Make mos(4)
> compile."
> f85771991983a11fe47770088cd3a413871bdab0 "usb4bsd/if_mos: Sync with
> FreeBSD."
> d4eb5271ecc5fe7fd9dd29fad323940f24e6b8dc "Update devd(8)'s usb.conf for
> mos(4)."
>
> Also, Markus Pfeiffer has pushed a needed fix to USB ethernet code:
>
> e8d7ed64935140722e144ba2f7a52ada79792d47 "usb4bsd: Fix usb_etherther and
> cleanup if_axe"
>
> The first two commits are needed for the driver and the third one updates
> a config file of devd(8) so that the driver will be automatically loaded if
> the adapter is plugged in. The fourth commit isn't strictly necessary for
> the operation of the driver but without it, the module (if_mos.ko) has to
> be kldloaded manually. The fourth commit is needed in any case.
>
> You can either rebuild with master if you want (which has all the commits)
> or you can cherry-pick them if e.g. you want to stick with 4.0. After
> applying you need to at least rebuild/install the kernel. However, it is
> probably best to rebuild the whole system (buildworld/buildkernel/
> installkernel/installworld/upgrade) to also get the benefits of the devd
> module autoloading.
>
> Please contact me if you need more help with applying etc.
>
> Sascha

I should download a new snapshot because without Dragonfly BSD Internet
connection I can not apply any change and , I do not know Dragonfly BSD to
make such updates .

I do not know which snapshot will contain the changes in

 http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/snapshots/x86_64/

directory .

>From there I can download a snapshot into another computer and install and
check its applicability .