Can programs compiled in FreeBSD be executed in DragonFly BSD ?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Wed Nov 19 01:16:56 PST 2014

On 11/19/2014 10:05, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> # cd /usr
> # make dports-create-shallow
>
> Error code 120
>
> occurred .
>
> # rm -rf dports
> # make dports-create-shallow
>
>   Succeeded ...

FYI, if you already have /usr/dports, all you need to do is "cd
/usr/dports && git pull" to update it.

> # cd /usr/dports/lang/fpc
> # make
>
> Many
>
> coretemp1:PROCHOT asserted
>
> messages are displayed among make listing .

My guess is your computer is overheating.  Is your cpu fan dirty?

> gmake[1]:Entering directory
> '/usr/obj/dports/lang/fpc/work/fpc-2.6.4/utils/fpcm'
> /bin/mkdir -p units/x86_64-dragonfly
>
> coretemp1:PROCHOT asserted
>
> __missing_command_DATA2INC -b -s fpcmake.ini fpcmake.inc fpcmakeini
> gmake[1]:__missing_command_DATA2INC : Command not found
> Makefile: 2411 : recipe for target 'fpcmake.inc' failed
> gmake[1]: ** [fpcmake.inc] Error 127
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> '/usr/obj/dports/lang/fpc/work/fpc-2.6.4/utils/fpcm'
>
> ** Error code 2
> Stop .
> make : stopped in /usr/dports/lang/fpc .
>

> Coming up to this point is showing that the compiler is working .

You have to understand that ports have to build in order to enter
dports, so you can assume it builds on the official servers.  See:
http://muscles.dragonflybsd.org/bulk/bleeding-edge-potential/latest-per-pkg/fpc-2.6.4.log

That's against a very recent version of DragonFly.

The "__missing_command_DATA2INC" means the build is thinks it needs to
regenerate a makefile.  It could be a timing issue with patching.  Is
this a slow machine?

In a few days FPC will be available as a package, btw.

John