Can programs compiled in FreeBSD be executed in DragonFly BSD ?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Nov 18 13:36:01 PST 2014

On 11/11/2014 16:08, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> Dears All ,
>

> Is it possible to execute a program compiled in FreeBSD with Pascal be
> executed in DragonFly BSD KDE or Gnome  desktop ?
>
> There is NO Free Pascal and Lazarus in DragonFly BSD .
>
> Thank you very much .
>
> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

After a couple of long days, I've successfully bootstrapped FPC on
DragonFly.  About 80 FPC packages build now, although Lazarus isn't one
of them.

This compiler is considered experimental.  It's a good sign that it can
compile itself and so many packages.  However, I had to disable its
directory caching (it's some issue I haven't found yet) and I think the
unit searching doesn't work the same without out.  Some of the remaining
packages like www/fpc-fastcgi need the fpmkunit unit which is present
but can't be found with the default fpc.cfg (meaning the "*" wildcard
may not be working).

Hopefully I'll be able to push the patches upstream before version 2.7.x
is released, and hopefully the directory caching will be fixed.  Until
then, please update dports and build them from source (it's very fast!)
and give us feedback how FPC is performing.

John