two crashes

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Nov 7 13:34:35 PST 2014

The ABI for package purposes can be a little confusing during release
time.  The release is 4.0 but the current 'master' (now 'after' the
release) is 4.1.  For ABI purposes we round up to the nearest even number
so the current 4.1 master will look for '4.2' packages.  6 months from now
the current master will, in fact, become 4.2.  It's easier to manage the
binary repo and the mirrors and allows us to do continuous package builds
without having to juggle too many different names.  Each binary package set
is ~60GB or so.

Maybe I over-engineered it :-)

-Matt