Installation of DragonFly 4.0.0 RC

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:25:01 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 14:44:34 +0100, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <
> m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  During writing .img to USB stick , it took very long time without reaching
>> to completion .
>> With a hope , I recorded it to a DVD , fortunately , it took very short
>> time for recording and it worked for installation .
>>

> Mehmet,
>
> I've put the .ISO here: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~
> swildner/dfly_with_mos.iso.xz
>
> Note that you'll need a DVD blank disk because it is rather large.
>
>  em0
>> fwe0
>> lp0
>> faith0       ( If it is possible , please display explanatory names for
>> these short forms , for example ,
>> lo0             < em0 >    : Intel Gigabit .... etc.  )
>> ppp0
>> sl0
>> Cancel
>>

> That's weird. em0 is an Intel PCI network interface and the rest is not
> related to the USB adapter either. They are special interfaces for Firewire
> (fwe0), PPP, loopback adapter (lo0) and whatnot, some of them older stuff.
> I think we should blacklist them in the installer to not confuse people. If
> needed, they can be configured outside the installer.
>
> The name of the USB NIC we're looking for should be "ue0" but the
> installer doesn't list it.
>
> So let's leave the installer aside for a moment and try a simpler test:
>
> * Boot from the ISO and login as "root" (no password needed)
>
> * Plug in the USB NIC.
>
> * Check with "kldstat". Is if_mos.ko listed? If it is not listed, do
> "kldload if_mos".
>
> * Type "ifconfig ue0". Does it say "ifconfig: interface ue0 does not
> exist" or does it list information about the ue0 interface?
>
> * If it said "interface ue0 does not exist", please do "usbconfig
> dump_device_desc". It will list information about each connected USB
> device. Try to find the "ugenX.Y: ..." line for the USB NIC in the output
> and tell me what values idVendor and idProduct have in the section below
> its "ugenX.Y: ..." line.
>
> Thanks for testing so far.
>
> Sascha

I have installed the above system .

In NIC configuration list , ue0 has appeared .

I have selected "DHCP" for it .

During reboot of the installed system , in "Press a key ... " line the
system crashed , and
a "Reset" required .

After reboot and logging as root :

# ping 192.162.1.1

displayed "No route to host " .

# kldstat

has shown that if_mos.ko is loaded .

# ifconfig

has shown that ue0 is NOT active , and any IP is NOT acquired ( may mean
that /etc/rc.conf line about
.._ue0="DHCP" is NOT applied )

# dhclient ue0

has started activation of ue0 , and