Installation of DragonFly 4.0.0 RC

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Nov 6 08:11:43 PST 2014

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 06:00:53 +0100, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
<m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have applied the above steps to previously installed .img system :
>
> When USB NIC is attached , it listed as
>
> ugen6.2: < Moschip Semiconductor > at usbus6
>
> # kldstat
>
> listed the following :
>
>   kernel
>   acpi.ko
>   ehci.ko
>
> [...]
>
> Work on new .iso system :
>
> When USB NIC is attached the following list is generated ( boot was
> selected as verbose ) :
>
> ugen6.2:< Moschip Semiconductor > at usbus6
> mos0: < Moschip Semiconductor USB-MAC Controller, rev 2.00/1.00 , addr 2>
> on usbus6
>
> [...]

I think the reason that it didn't work at the first try was the
installation method by burning the IMG instead of using it to boot from a
USB drive. I am surprised anything worked at all using this way. :)

But it didn't seem to find the necessary kernel modules (among them
if_mos.ko and uether.ko) with that way.

I'm glad the adapter is now recognized properly. I will proceed with
bringing in the rest of FreeBSD's USB NIC drivers.

Thanks for helping with testing,

Sascha