3.8 release plans

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Tue May 27 06:40:38 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM, karu.pruun <karu.pruun at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for this.
>>

>> I can't check here at work, but do you remember (or can check it) if the
>> installed system or if it was also failing when booting the ISO? Note that
>> the ISO boot should load dm.ko too.
>

> Indeed, it is weird that when booting the ISO, acpi/ehci and dm load
> fine, but when booting the installed system acpi/ehci do not load and
> show the errors. And dm does not load either but this happens
> silently; there are no error messages or anything.
>
> I forgot to add that this is Virtualbox 4.3.10 r92013 on os x 10.9.

This seems to be a Virtualbox problem: I just installed DragonFly
3.6.2 anew on Virtualbox 4.3.10 and ran into the same problem. The
other DFly 3.6.2 image that I am using and that runs fine was
installed using an older version of Virtualbox (perhaps 4.2.x); I
should revert back to that one.

Cheers,

Peeter