new user - quick test of dragonflybsd

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri May 2 17:57:09 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Wojciech Puchar <
wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> Very importantly response times are better under high I/O load even
> compared to FreeBSD with UFS.

DragonFly works very well under extreme loads; this is a symptom of how it
has been designed over time.

> 3) can i set PFS up so all history points would be visible under some
> subdirectory?
>
> I would use it for samba-exported PFS so user would be able to browse it,
> and eg. recover older versions of files without asking me for help.

This historical project, while possibly not finished enough for what you
want, may interest you.

http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2011/03/14/7419.html