portmaster asking if switch to new pkg format- is it needed

Edward M edwardmartinez at openmailbox.org
Thu May 15 21:54:55 PDT 2014

I just installed portmaster from dports and once the installation ended
i'm presented
with this message:

        Enable PKGNG as your package format:

           # echo 'WITH_PKGNG=yes" >> /etc/make.conf

       Then convert your /var/db/pkg database to the new pkg format:

my question is  DragonFly is already using pkgng and was wondering if is
safe or needed to
execute the above instructions- afraid of breaking stuff?

Best regards

sent from my windows box-will configure email on Dragonfly