HEADS UP: USB4BSD is the default USB stack now

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Mon Mar 10 06:32:22 PDT 2014

On 3/10/2014 14:22, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> John, what do you want to do with the binary builds for dports?  Will
> the binaries being built from now on only work on recent 3.7, or will we
> end up with (yeesh that's a lot of compilation) two builds?

The dev branch (3.7) packages have always been considered a courtesy
service that you use at your own risk.  They can break any time but then
again, once can always build from source.

I recently completed a "pass" so dports was in great shape a week ago.
Since that time, a new libreoffice came out (4.1, ftigeot is going to
help), we need to get back to the latest on openjdk 6 and 7 (both locked
due to FreeBSD bug marking it FORBIDDEN but not unlocked since), latest
mono which is running away an locking up (currently locked to last good
version), and now all the U4B ports.  To top it off I'm in the middle of
updating the Ada framework from gcc47 to gcc49 so the timing of all this
wasn't great, especially since I'm gone all next week.  oh, and FreeBSD
is in the process of killing about 300 ports.

It's going to take a couple of weeks to sort all this out.  We are
working on an all-or-nothing principle where I do all my work on the
"staged" branch and when that branch is in good shape as a whole tree, I
merge it back to the master branch.

The ports that use usb may be broken on head.
After the ports are regenerated, I will regenerate new packages and
those will replace the current 3.7 packages.  People on older 3.7 branch
will be expected to update to the latest master if they want newer
packages.  I'm not planning on maintaining two sets of courtesy packages.

John