live-cd

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Sat Mar 29 09:01:16 PDT 2014

On 3/29/2014 16:44, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> ping: cannot resolve avalon.dragonflybsd.org
> <http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org>: Host name lookup failure

So... fix it, right?
That's why pkg doesn't work.

I don't know how you set VM up, or if you set up networking when you
installed DragonFly.  You could have selected DHCP in the installer and
it would probably be working now.

Your issues are now past pkg.
But we can't continue doing one step at a time over a mail list.  You
are basically expected to look for documentation follow though.  In
other words, "Your network isn't set up" is a cue to go find the
networking documentation and set it up.  We're just pointing you in the
right direction.

If you really need step-by-step instructions then doing it over IRC
(#dragonflybsd at EFNET) is better if you can find a kind soul but its a
lot to ask someone so you should really try to learn as much as you can
by yourself and only ask for help when you are really stuck.

good luck!
John