live-cd

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Mar 28 03:51:48 PDT 2014

On 3/28/2014 11:46, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> I don't know what you mean really - a mrirror is sort of an address
> where to download something from, right?
> I haven't seen any address in the previous instructions.
>
> So far I followed the instructions literally, like eg here:
> # cd /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/
> # mv df-releases.conf.sample df-releases.conf
> # pkg upgrade
>
> I'll try Peeter's suggestion also, and see what that does.

The packages that you download are stored somewhere, right?  Each server
that you can download packages from is called a "mirror" because it
should have contents identical to the master location.

If the "mirror" that you designated is inaccessible, or if you didn't
designate any mirror, then of course you can expect to download zero
packages with that configuration.

The configuration files instruct pkg how to work so the instructions
have to be good.  Since pkg isn't behaving, that's a logical place to
look.  As I said before, this could be better so I'm going to try to
make this more user friendly so people don't have to experience what you
are experiencing (sorry about that).

John