mac boot problem

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:51:49 PDT 2014

Hello

I tried to boot DFly on a macbookpro using the usb image
dfly-x86_64-3.6.1_REL.img. It gives the prompt

--
F1 DF/FBSD
F5 Disk 1

Default: F1
--

waits for a couple of seconds, then the cursor jumps to the next line as if
the system would start booting---the usb stick light blinks for a couple of

I wonder if the problem might be related to the fact that apple uses efi?
In any case FreeBSD 10.0 usb img fares slightly better; the BTX loader
appears and kernel starts booting. But it stops in the middle of probing
devices and gives a hundred error messages saying can't attach a particular
usb device and can't find root device; then finally gives up, produces the
prompt and hangs.

I wonder if anyone knows whether DFly can be made to boot on a mac using a
usb stick? The newer macbookpros do not have a cd drive.

Cheers,

Peeter