Changes when accessing the bugs.dragonflybsd.org attachments

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 3 20:34:59 PST 2014

    Access to attachments made to bug reports now requires that you pull
    the attachment by clicking on the link from the issue page.  Any attempt
    to access the attachment directly via its URL will now fail.

    This change is being made to prevent spammers and hackers from creating
    fake bug reports with viruses as attachments and then deep-linking those
    attachments in unrelated spam.  Unfortunately it appears that hackers
    have already used our bugs database for this purpose, hence I am making
    this change to hopefully encourage them to look elsewher.

    This change requires that the browser implement the http-referer: header,
    which most do.  If anyone has any issues, please follow-up to this
    thread and we will see what we can do.

					<dillon at backplane.com>