3.8.1 set for release on Monday 16-June-2014

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:40:34 PDT 2014

Thanks for the update!

I am wondering if you could briefly comment on boot0cfg. This might be
(or might not be?) related to a recent strange error I encountered
while installing DFly on a macbookpro: I wiped clean the harddisk and
installed DFly + FreeBSD using an MBR partitioning scheme. Each has an
MBR partition and since DFly was installed last I hit enter when it
asked if I wanted to install bootblocks. The result is strange: DFly's
boot manager can boot FreeBSD but not DFly (after the boot prompt, the
cursor moves to the next line and that's all, the machine hangs). I
can still boot DFly using the install CD (get to boot prompt and tell
the correct rootdev and vfs.root.mountfrom etc), but it's clumsy.

So I wonder if it's boot0cfg or something related to boot1_64 and
boot2_64 that fails the booting process? I suppose the fact that
macbookpro has EFI does not help either. I am not sure how to track
this further.

Cheers,

Peeter