DragonFly 3.8 released!

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Jun 5 19:04:27 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Predrag Punosevac <punosevac72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any chance for authentication with LDAP on DragonFly BSD howto?

It's probably the same method as with FreeBSD or NetBSD.  If you get
it working, please write down what you do.

> I have few unrelated questions:
>
> 1. TrueCrypt seems dead. What is the future of DragonFly implementation
> of TrueCrypt and does it suffer the same security problems which brought
> down infamous Windows tool.

The DragonFly implementation still works; it is not the same code;
just compatible.  I'm not going to guarantee it's just fine, but it's
two different sets of code so the TrueCrypt developers taking down
their work does not invalidate the DragonFly version.

> 2. How do the Jails on DragonFly BSD these days compare to FreeBSD
> jails. Will Varden of (TrueOS/PCBSD) work on DragonFly?

I don't know.

> 3. What is the long term strategy for PF or for that matter any firewall
> solution on DragonFly having in mind that PF is not really portable
> peace of software.

I can't answer that because I'm not sure what long term strategy means.

> 4. Any plans with NFSv4?

Nobody is working on it currently that I know of.