Freeze with 3.8rc2 and ath

Markus Pfeiffer markus.pfeiffer at morphism.de
Wed Jun 4 15:03:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 11:00:47PM +0200, Sven Gaerner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > First note that dfly switched to a new usb stack recently. This is now the
> > default and wiggly in places. Unless you configured your kernel to use oldusb,
> > you'll be using the new usb stack.
>
> I saw that DragonFly switched the USB stack and I did not change the
> configuration. So I should have installed the new USB stack.
>
> > If you are using the new usb stack, something does not add up here.
> > The usb ath driver is called if_uath and creates a device uathX. One should
> > then create a wlan device using
> >
> > ifconfig wlan0 wlandev uath0
> >
> > etc.
>
> The WLAN card is a TPLink PCI card, so I expect not to run any USB
> driver here to get this card working.
>
> The ath driver seems to be loaded. Some details are shown in the dmesg
> output. These lines are added below

Oh, the USB keyboard confused me. But it should work in the debugger, so
something's wrong there that I need to investigate.

Sascha Wildner was working on deadlocks to do with USB and WLAN and updated
parts of the wireless code. Maybe he can give some insights. I don't remember
testing if_ath myself, but I can try to confirm.

Markus