Supermicro MBD-A1SAi-2550F

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at sigpipe.cz
Fri Jul 25 01:25:09 PDT 2014

# karu.pruun at gmail.com / 2014-07-24 12:35:09 +0900:
> Hi Roman
>
> That's good to hear! At least we know now that it was the A20 bug that
> prevented booting in the first place.
>
> I see the mount error every time I boot from a memstick. And I believe
> I understand what is the problem but don't know where or how to fix it
> in the code; at least not now. A workaround could be to specify the
> correct root device at the boot menu. When you see the boot menu, go
> to prompt, ie hit ''Esc" or "9"(?). Unfortunately it's not
> straightforward to find the correct root device since the boot program
> and the kernel name it differently. You have to guess and try. The
> devices you can get with lsdev,
>
> prompt> lsdev
> prompt> set vfs.root.mountfrom="ufs:da0s1a"
> prompt> boot

OK lsdev
cd devices:
disk devices:
    disk0:   BIOS drive C:
*       disk0s1a: FFS
    disk1:   BIOS drive D:
      disk1s1: Unknown fs: 0xee
    disk2:   BIOS drive E:
      disk2s1: Unknown fs: 0xee
pxe devices:
OK set vfs.root.mountfrom="ufs:da0s1a"
OK boot
kernel text=0x972528 data=...

at this point, disk1, disk2 are da0, da1; disk0 is (ISTR) da8.

Mounting root from ufs:da0s1a
no disk named 'da0s1a'
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6

mountroot>

at this point the keyboard is dead (it's a wireless Logitech thing
connected using a USB dongle).

> if that does not work, substitute for da5s1a and da8s1a and try again.
> Hope something works!

my 10min quota is drained today, cu later :)

--
roman