DPorts: GLib bug crashes applications linked with it

srussell at prodigeinfo.qc.ca srussell at prodigeinfo.qc.ca
Wed Jan 8 09:49:09 PST 2014

Hi,

My former copy was based in /usr/pkg, while the new one is
based in /usr/local. /usr/pkg have been renamed before an eventual
deletion, to avoid any confusion.

I wonder if it could be related to
any locale manner. I compiled the packages myself, so if I'm the only
one with this problem, it's probably related with my environment.

What
version of DragonFly are you using?

Thanks for the reply.

SR

Le
2014-01-08 12:28, Warren Postma a écrit :

>>> Xfce for its part is
hardly usable because the panels and Thunar are crashing at startup.

> I have no problems launching XFCE4 panel (the dock area) or file
manager (thunar) on my brand new install. I suspect you may have some
old shared libraries or other broken dependencies? Have you tried
uninstalling all XFCE4 dependencies that were installed using pkgsrc and
reinstalling them all freshely with dports?

7, 2014 at 10:33 PM, <srussell at prodigeinfo.qc.ca> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>

>> I've just upgraded my DF station from 3.4 to 3.6. In the process, I
decided to try dport. I compiled it myself, as usual. I need
LDAP+Kerberos enabled, plus few other things.

>> Overall, I'm very
glad of it. DF 3.6 is running like a charm and I can now access some
applications that were unavailable in pkgsrc.

>> I had minor
problems with the dports packages. For example, I had to compile and
install the pkgsrc version of pam_krb5 because the version provided in
dports does not work properly. VLC2 is also not working for me and was
replaced by umplayer. Stuff like that.

>> I have only one
significant problem that affects mostly all applications using Glib,
which includes wxGTK apps, including Seamonkey and LibreOffice.

Every time that I try to open or save a file, a the popup window shows
itself and works normally. But after a few seconds, the popup freezes
and the application sends this message before crashing:

>> «GLib
(gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during
'pthread_mutex_lock': Resource deadlock avoided. Aborting.»

>> Xfce
for its part is hardly usable because the panels and Thunar are crashing
at startup.

>> It looks like the problem affects any process that
tries to read a directory or something related. Most of theses
applications are totally functionnal otherwise.

>> If anyone had
this problem or have a clue of what's causing it, please reply to me.

--

Stéphane
Russell

Tél. : 450 323-6224

Courriel : mailto:srussell at prodigeinfo.com
Web :
http://www.prodigeinfo.com [1]

Ce courrier est confidentiel. Toute
utilisation ou rediffusion, intégrale ou partielle, par une personne
autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous
recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, prière d'en aviser
l'envoyeur.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.prodigeinfo.com