DragonFly support in Go

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Jan 17 09:45:27 PST 2014

On 1/17/2014 18:33, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> FYI...
>
> There's currently a discussion on the Go mailing list (golang-dev) about
> removing DragonFly BSD support from Go.
>
> Per our porting policy
> (https://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/PortingPolicy) we need a port
> maintainer and a continuous builder bot (which can be on EC2 if somebody
> actively maintains it).
>
> Go currently supports Linux, Windows, OS X, {Free,Net,Open}BSD, Plan 9
> (mostly), Solaris (as of recently), etc.  The DragonFly code has never
> had a builder at http://build.golang.org/ and is reportedly currently
> broken.
>
> Please contact me and/or golang-dev if you're interested and qualified.
>
> Worst case we remove it for now but somebody here resurrects it later
> from history.

Hi Brad,
Where is the broken report coming from given that there is no builder?
If somebody steps up to maintain the port, would the EC2 instance be
provided by golang.org?

It might be a moot point because I am not sure DragonFly runs in an EC2
instance.  I know Colin Percival did a major effort to get FreeBSD to
run in it, and I haven't heard any DragonFly person doing something
similar.  Could it equally be hosted on one of the dragonflybsd.org
blade servers?

John