DPorts: GLib bug crashes applications linked with it

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Jan 9 06:39:36 PST 2014

I'd be willing to bet that the installation of pam_krb5 via pkgsrc brought
in some library that Glib is picking up either when built, if it was built
locally, or when run.

If pam_prb5 works in pkgsrc but not in dports, it may be worth looking at
the pkgsrc version to see if the fix can be clearly identified.  pam_krb5
is listed as a failure in the binary builds with the reason "you must
define KRB5_IMPL to be "mit" or "heimdal"", and it looks like it should be
'heimdal' from the pkgsrc makefiles.  I don't see (with my untrained) any
clear differences between the two that might be the answer, though.