DPorts: GLib bug crashes applications linked with it

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Sun Jan 26 03:51:34 PST 2014

On 1/26/2014 12:35, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 12:22:09AM +0100, John Marino wrote:
>> On 1/26/2014 00:16, srussell at prodigeinfo.qc.ca wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure if you meant that only pam_krb5 failed to configure when
>>> Heimdal was the default, or if dports itself was failing. In my case,
>>> pam_krb5 is now 100% functionnal.
>>
>> If it failed to configure in a clean jail but builds outside of jail,
>> that means there's an unlisted dependency for the port that you happened
>> to have installed, somehow.  So it works by chance, and not guaranteed
>> to be repeatable.
>
> The port is missing a LIB_DEPENDS line:
>
>    .if defined(KRB5_IMPL) && ${KRB5_IMPL} == heimdal
>   +LIB_DEPENDS+=	krb5:${PORTSDIR}/security/heimdal
>
> Is it worth it to file a FreeBSD PR ?

No, this port requires a makefile diff anyway.
The reason security/heimdal isn't needed on FreeBSD is because it's in
the base.

So I'll add the line, but does that mean we should change the default to
heimdal?  I tend to think so, if for no other reason to match what
FreeBSD does to minimize surprises.

John