dma hangs on boot

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Tue Jan 7 19:17:21 PST 2014

On Tuesday, January 07, 2014 21:01:01 Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Previous problem I had where it froze at that step were a lack of network
> connection, or DNS, though that usually was just a slowdown, not a stop.
>  Dunno if that holds here.

I've seen it have two problems:
1. It was setting /etc/resolv.conf to the address that leopard (which runs a
nameserver) has when it's behind zyxomma. Leopard is beside zyxomma.
2. When its IP address changes, it sends packets that appear to come from its
previous address, and never gets the replies. This of course is irrelevant
when booting.

On Thursday, I'm taking all three of my desktops to their new home. If the
network connection I find there is like the one I had in Charlotte, I'll set
them up as they were, with darner and leopard behind zyxomma. If the router
there understands IPv6, I may leave the two there and bring zyxomma back.

Pierre
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa