dma hangs on boot

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Mon Jan 6 23:10:49 PST 2014

Zyxomma has sendmail redirected to dma. One day I had to reboot it. I shelled
into its IP address and typed "reboot". It dropped the connection and beeped.
A while later, I tried to log in again. No connection.

A few days later I decided to investigate. (Zyxomma was my router, but it's
doing nothing now.) I connected the keyboard and monitor and saw that it said
"Starting sshd" but was stuck there. I looked at rcorder, booted it to single-
user mode, started services one at a time, and found that it had no problem
starting sshd, but hung when starting sendmail (which is really dma). If I
remember right, the command it stops at is this one:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-mta -bd -q30m -ODaemonPortOptions=Addr=localhost
Any idea why?

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.