Anyone using netatalk and afp? I cannot get it running.

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Fri Jan 31 07:30:18 PST 2014

On 01/26/14 15:48, Joel Nilsson wrote:

Not sure on afp - but:

 > I drop this now and go to one of my alternative solutions:
 > Using another (better) program than Apple Time Machine to do backups;
 > that will allow me to use a NFS or SAMBA share instead. Another option
 > would be to buy a Time Capsule but it feels so superfluous when I got a
 > nice DragonFly system already running with a large datapool. :)

I've heard that time machine will work with arbitrary .dmg's -
which would allow you to setup a SMB or NFS area with lots
of hostname.dmg files for time machine targets.. A bit of a pain
because of needing to connect the 2 layers, but nothing that couldn't
be scripted..

Same might also work for iSCSI if you wanted to test that -
Not sure of OSX iSCSI initiator status..

Cheers,

- Chris