switching old 32-bit box to dports

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Tue Jan 14 21:16:02 PST 2014

On Monday, January 13, 2014 22:23:01 Justin Sherrill wrote:
> It's trying to download a prebuilt binary of pkg for i386/DragonFly 3.7.
>  There isn't one - Marino built packages for 3.6/i386, and has not been
> building them for 3.7+.  There's a fellow that volunteered to work on i386
> dports, but I don't think he's got anything out yet.
>
> I'd "cd /usr/dports/ports-mgmt/pkg && make install" - building from source
> is your immediate option.  This won't be anywhere as nice.  I'd suggest
> moving to x86_64 in the long term.

Is there a way to keep it from asking for options when building from source?
In some of the packages I've built so far, it stopped repeatedly to ask for
options.

This is darner's CPU:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2793.01-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf29  Stepping = 9
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,
MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
This is zyxomma's CPU (zyxomma is running x86_64):
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D2500   @ 1.86GHz (1866.74-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x30661  Stepping = 1
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,
MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
Can darner run x86_64?

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:22:54 John Marino wrote:
> I don't know where the i386 guy is.  Everything is set up and I sent him
> a couple of emails over the last 3 weeks but I've heard nothing from him
> recently.

What's involved in setting it up?

Pierre
--