Loving DragonFly BSD, having a bit of trouble with Firefox and web browsing in general.

Warren Postma warren.postma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:08:53 PST 2014

I notice that FreeBSD appears to have a Chromium package, but Dragonfly BSD
does not. Is anybody installing Chromium in Dragonfly BSD? If so, how?

Also I noticed that out of box DragonFly BSD had some "nightly build" of
firefox.  I purged and reinstalled and now I get this when I search for
firefox with pkgin:

firefox36-....
firefox17-...
firefox10-..
firefox19-...

Is there a reason for all of these versions of firefox? What do people
use?  I've installed them all and none of them run for me.Firefox 36 does
not place a firefox executable in the path, and
/usr/pkg/lib/firefox/firefox binary just says "could not find the mozilla
runtime".

Is there a ritual series of commands i can perform to force a clean delete
of all old pieces of firefox and then a fresh reinstall? I tried the usual
stuff in the handbook to purge and reinstall.

It seems to me that the only version that is buildable from /usr/pkgsrc is
3.6.15, which is,
forgive me for saying, a bit old.

What's the best path forward? Is there a fresh Firefox port available?
Chromium? Something?

Warren