How to track 3.7

Justin Sherrill justin at
Sat Jan 4 10:05:01 PST 2014

In /usr/ (if you haven't done this step already)

make src-create

git checkout master

You now have 3.7, because that's the bleeding-edge for DragonFly, or
'master'.  Note that when the next release happens (not for some months),
'master' will switch to the next odd release number.  (i.e 3.9 if the
release is 3.8).  This is not a problem if you just want to keep up with
the most recent work.

Anyway, once you have that newest code, you can do the normal make
buildworld && make buildkernel... steps for updating the kernel; check

Subsequent updates just require a 'git pull' in /usr/src and then a make
buildworld... sequence.  You can usually get away with 'quickworld' and
'quickkernel' targets instead, just to make it a bit faster.