Sync arcmsr(4) with FreeBSD?

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Feb 20 04:45:16 PST 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:03:49 +0100, Joel Nilsson <joel at alikzus.se> wrote:

> Thanks. :)
>
> The arc(4) driver in OpenBSD-current seems to be up to date; does it
> also has the style issue or is it perhaps not as compatible with
> DragonFly?

I only took a brief look at OpenBSD's driver so far, to see how we could
expose the status of the individual disks with our sensors framework.

OpenBSD's driver was written by OpenBSD afaict and not by Areca (as
FreeBSD's and hence, ours), so it has a cleaner look for sure. It's just
that I have better experience with porting disk/RAID drivers from FreeBSD
to DragonFly. :)

Sascha