Sync arcmsr(4) with FreeBSD?

Joel Nilsson joel at alikzus.se
Wed Feb 19 06:38:16 PST 2014

Hi.

I have decided to ditch vinum and go for HW RAID to create a RAID10 pool. Areca seem to be the best vendor at the moment and I have been looking on the ARC-1214-4i, but DragonFly lacks support for the 12x4 series (according to the man page). Would it be possible to sync the driver, rather soon, with the one in FreeBSD (that supports the new generation) or should I hunt down a used one from a previous generation? I cannot guarantee that I won't buy a used one in either case, but I want to know my options. :)

Regards,
Joel a.k.a. Alikzus