ACPI errors

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Feb 21 05:21:42 PST 2014

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:42:31 +0100, Andrey Oktyabrskiy <ano at bestmx.net>
wrote:

> On Feb 21 2014, Sascha Wildner wrote:
>> 1) Retry with "hw.acpi.auto_serialize_methods=0" in /boot/loader.conf
> It helps, thank you. Errors gone. Where I can read about this tunable?

It's a new feature of ACPICA 20140214 and I thought it was safe to turn
on. See /ust/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica/changes.txt, first paragraph in
the news about 20140214 ("Implemented a new mechanism..."). I also added a
line about it in the acpi(4) manual page. I think I will switch the
default to off for now until I understand the implications a bit better.
I'm still learning.

>> 2) Check if the latest BIOS is installed
> I think, Dell did not update BIOS for so old laptop. Anyway, I'll check
> it later.
>
>> 3) Put up the output of 'acpidump -b' somewhere (it will output a
>> number  of *.dat files).
> http://ano.bestmx.net/acpidump.tgz

Sascha