swap_pager indefinite wait buffer - question - SOLVED

PeerCorps Trust Fund ipc at peercorpstrust.org
Fri Dec 26 04:05:52 PST 2014

It certainly is, although the machines are actually running stock FreeBSD 10.1.

PC-BSD was an option in the beginning, but because these were older computers it was easier to build a low-resource install enabling only basic services such as NFS rather than trying to pare down a PC-BSD install to suit the needs of the project (which is a basic KDE-based workstation).

Most of those desktops had only one gigabyte of RAM ad PC-BSD uses a lot of resources. We learned a lot in the process and will be implementing modified libraries in the coming year using donated computer equipment.

I think many underestimate the enormous value that such projects have in these communities. Just having access to books and educational material is tremendously beneficial from a development perspective.

--
Michael L. Wilson
International Project Coordinator