swap_pager indefinite wait buffer - question - SOLVED

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Sat Dec 27 09:59:33 PST 2014

DragonFly's HAMMER works pretty well across all memory configurations.  It
does work well in small memory configurations.  Some care must be taken
when using HAMMER on a small partition (more typically when using it on a
small SSD).  Since space is limited the automatic snapshotting feature's
'60d' (60 day) default might be way too large and the reblock parameters
might reblock a little too often and cause unecessary (but still not too
much) wear on the SSD.   The hammer and swapcache manual pages should have
a good amount of information on this.

-Matt